Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Stained Glass Window Card and Tutorial


Today's project is from Dina Kowal. 





   

A couple of different ideas melded to pull this card together: a comment on my vintage radio card that suggested making a stained glass window with the arch die... and an idea I had been toying with using the Crackle Cover-a-Card to create a stained glass look.
 
I started with the Sunny Sunflower stamp... I stamped it in brown ink, and colored in the basic color areas, so I would have some color reference points after the crackle background was stamped.



Stamped the crackles...

... then colored in each little section, trying to create a mosaic effect where sections side-by-side were different colors. Here's a picture I took while I was coloring...

These are the Touch Twin markers I used:

I used a Sizzix Rounded Tag die to create the window opening, then framed it with the arch die.
 I created the window box by overlapping two trellis bases.

 There's an embossed acetate layer over the colored panel, for a more window-y look...

I used these dies in the window box: Leaf Cluster, Swirl Tree, Spiral Flowers, Hydrangea Set

No comments: