Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Santa Ornament

Today's cute ornament project is from Bev Gerard.



I was inspired by this ornament but changed things according to what I have available here. Instead of a hanging sentiment, I opted to add a hanging crystal for the added sparkling effects from tree lights (especially
since I use a lot of clear/crystal elements on my tree every year).

Just customize your own creations for “you“!

I’ve double-layered the back piece to totally secure the cords, as well as to add an additional layer of security for more longevity.    i.e.  The reverse side is completely “finished” rather than “raw”, with my signature on the back.   I’m sure no one will dig this up in 2,000 years … but I have already “let go” of that.    My art palette is “paper” … not stone.    ;) 

This is one of the easiest marker-coloring items that I have.   And I truly do adore using this stamp …. simply because it is what it is.   It’s very easily colored with my preferred ShinHan Touch Twin Markers:   CG0.5, YR132, YR133, B182, R139, Y34, Y35, 0 . 

The added texture is from Flower Soft “Polar White” …. I LUV the fluffy look it gives to Santa’s beard!   Before the Flower Soft was added, I had first outlined the beard/mustache with Touch Twin marker CG0.5 … followed with 2-way glue and Dazzling Diamonds glitter.   After a brief few minutes of dry-time, I began to add the Polar White Flower Soft atop scant applications of FS Liquid Adhesive.    Honestly … this is just tooooooo EZ, and I love the fluffy appearance of Santa’s beard & lifted mustache!    So naturally .. if I have unexpected/sudden gifties arise next month … this one is certainly on that “list”.

t

STAMPS: ‘ Nick‘   20-01 KK  (Rubbernecker)   (Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh … an all-time fave of mine!!!)
INKS:  Memento Tuxedo Black
MARKERS: ShinHan Touch Twin markers = CG0.5, YR132, YR133, B182, R139, Y34, Y35, 0
PAPERS:  Neenah White, SU  Baja Breeze + Old Olive, dsp – Echo Park Season’s Greetings
ACCESSORIES:  Flower Soft – Polar White (gifted – TY JS!), Flower Soft Glue, 2-way glue, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Art Glitter Diva Gold, Chandelier Drops, SU gold cord, Ranger Glossy Accents, glue dots, dimensional foam tape, gold leaf pen, Spellbinders Lacey Circles + Classic Circles, Big Shot

No comments: